Monday, November 28, 2011

Drab Day Ditties for Me.

  I find that some days just call out for melancholy melodies.

  When this occurs I find myself struggling to find the right album to wallow with and because of this, end up listening to something that changes my mood. This really is not a major problem. Music is enjoyable to me even if it has an unintended a effect.
  Oddly enough, it happens to be on the days when I am chipper and looking for some happy tunes that I stumble across Hayden's Elk Lake Serenade. Now do not get me wrong, this is a great album, but I find myself in a state of hum-drums after taking in this musical snack. It has the right elements for those chilly, somewhat dark days. Mumbled lyrics, simple instrumentation and a lot of minor key melodies.





One of these days I will play this in the appropriate mood. Until then it will continue to surprise me.

2 comments:

  1. I have never heard Hayden before but with this smattering I'd have to say I like him!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, a creative writer with a really nice unabashed vocal sound. You do not get the sense that he is trying to impress anyone. I like that.

    ReplyDelete