Sunday, December 4, 2011

Decorative Christmas Music.

Yesterday was our Christmas decorating day.

  I love the yearly decorating day, for it means great music; Mostly choral, some symphonic and a healthy smattering of pop-y (almost said poopy) renditions.

  In my house it also means a ceremonious dusting off of the record player. Yes, a huge majority of our Christmas collection is in a beautiful, unabashed, analog format for which I am well thankful. Vinyl records have (in my humble opinion) the most honest and real sound to be experienced in a recorded media. There is one other thing about them that really gets my motors humming.
 
THE JACKETS!


   "They just do not make them like they used to." a.

  I adore these things. The colors give you the feeling that they have been dobbed on with an oil paint -brush and then fogged out to conceal any real definition to edges and lines for that "Oh so smooth and silky"b. look. Not only that, but our artistic media awareness/prowess has brought us to the point where this...

  ...is no longer considered a viable option for presentation. I am at a loss as to why this is the case.

  Oh, how I love the sounds of the great artists of our time. These names in music mean everything to me. (cough, cough)


  So, for about a month, this library of music will get an outstanding work-out and I will spend this time wearing a precise grin that says, "This is how I decorate my brain for Christmas."


a. Anonymous older person.
b. Anonymous smooth radio personallity.

No comments:

Post a Comment