Saturday, October 29, 2011

A very large bit of symphonic music.

 In light of the fact that my Mom is attending a performance of Mahler's 3rd Symphony, I decided to write something on it.

  I began listening to this particular symphony a few years ago and to say that I was hooked promptly would be a fallacy. It received a good number of scrutinizing listens before it settled in proper. That being said, every time I hear it played it receives rapt attention. I now consider it among my favorites.
  If the opportunity arrises for me to hear this work in a live performance, I will be attending with a euphoric sense of expectation.





http://www.cduniverse.com/search/xx/music/pid/1040831/a/Mahler+3+%2F+Solti,+Helga+Dernesch,+Chicago+Symphony.htm

This is one of the greatest syphonies written. It also happens to be quite lengthy, which suits me just fine. Why would you want such fantastic music to end quickly? (P.S. Mom, I hope you enjoy the performance to the utmost degree.)

No comments:

Post a Comment